Change is Possible: Reflections "After School’s Conclusion"

We bring you the experience of Simona Tesini, a young Brazilian who participated in the Latin American EoC School at Recife last July.

Tesini_Simona

"When I decided to leave the bank where I worked – in the legal sector where each day I dealt with debts of millions of reais – I felt a great need to dedicate myself to something more ennobling, which would contribute to build a united world, an objective I had since I was a little girl.

It is utopic, I know, but it’s this very utopia that brought my family and I to have incredible experiences and to live according to fraternity.  When I told a friend about my choice, she invited me to participate in a school for EoC entrepreneurs at Recife, last July.  It was incredible.  I felt as if I had lived ‘in a coma’ for all these years, 11 to be precise, in which I had worked in financial institutions without seeing any way out in order to change.

During those few days, in school, with those people, I felt as if I was being ‘resurrected.’  I could begin anew!  I discovered in the EoC just what was missing in my life regarding the concept of entrepreneurial society, the world of work, and quality of life.  In short:  I was discovering in all the concrete fruits of the life of one who lives for the EoC project, an answer to all the expectations I held within, regarding the ‘work market.’  Expectations, which my employers had never understood.  I offered my availability immediately in order to help where I possibly could.  When school ended, I began to take part in the regional EoC Commission.

I think it is very important to try to bring the principles of the Economy of Communion even  in juridical aspects Tesini_Simona_2which govern businesses in our current economic system:  for this reason, my husband and I, since he also adheres to the EoC, have started a law office and we are working towards the elaboration of a constitutive act for businesses which will contain a specific reference to the sharing of the principles of the Economy of Communion.

One of the articles states: “The partners manifest the intention of putting into communion the revenue of the company according to three goals of equal importance: (a) support projects based on reciprocity, subsidiarity and communion that will favor the development of individuals and communities which are in a situation of poverty; (b) diffuse the ‘culture of giving’ and of reciprocity and fraternity, pre-conditions for integral development and for economy and a fair, fraternal society; (c) Develop society, creating wealth and jobs, orienting the business internally and externally towards the common good.”

I understood that the EoC starts from our own life in order to arrive at the theory part. At the school I saw that the will to put into practice the regulations established by law is very strong.   We may think it is only a bureaucratic expectation by the capitalist system in which we live, but it is necessary.  The fact of inserting in the constitutive act (fundamental for a business) a clause such as the one indicated above, is as if on my identity card is written: “Simona, Brazilian national, adherent to project of communion.” It is immediately clear that what distinguishes me is communion, which I live in a fraternal environment. I don’t mean that, society is obliged to adhere to dividing the profits, simply because we participate in this project, but that before even talking about profits, we are committed day after day to living communion as a lifestyle.  All of these ideas have been discussed in the Commission.  I can say that I am very happy and satisfied, because now I can be an instrument in contributing to bring forward the reality of communion.

I wish to work to transform the businesses of the Economy of Communion which today have simple juridical constitutive acts, into businesses that are able to attract investors and extend the idea of communion in the current ‘societal’ world, both through written acts which define the business legally, and in the general assemblies for partners and shareholders.  We could then show the world that it is possible to live in communion and that, through this life style; it is possible to live in fraternity and to build a united world.

Folgen Sie uns:

Rapporto Edc 2017

Rapporto Edc 2017

DOKUMENTEN HERUNTERLADEN

DOKUMENTEN HERUNTERLADEN

Le strisce di Formy!

Le strisce di Formy!

Conosci la mascotte del sito Edc?